Wednesday 30 June 2010

Power Copywriting: Killer Headlines - The Testimonial Headline

Up to now we've been concentrating on the Benefit headline.  This is certainly the type that's guaranteed to grab your reader's attention.

But there are other types of headline that can be very effective and now we will look at some of these.  First, the Testimonial Headline.

The TESTIMONIAL HEADLINE uses a powerful customer testimonial right inside the headline, instead of, or as well as, further down the copy.

This adds credibility to what you are claiming.  Testimonials from someone well known and respected by the target market are the most powerful. Testimonials from unknown persons are not quite as powerful, but still very effective.


• The Results Were Phenomenal! We Took In Over $1,895,000.00 (Yes, Almost Two Million Dollars!!!) On This Single Promotion!
Eileen & T.J. Rohleder, M.O.R.E. Inc., Goesell, Kansas


• I Was Hesitant To Get My Building Supplies From Johnson Brothers – After All, All Tool Dealers Have The Same Pitch. But I’ve Come To Find Johnson Brothers To Be All They Say And More. I’ve Saved $32,516 With Them This Year Alone. That Says Everything!
Scott Williams, Williams Construction, Sydney NSW


• I Was Held Hostage For 4 Days By The Sharpest Minds In Direct Mail. And When It Was Over I Didn’t Want To Leave. I Had learnt The Ultimate Skill… How To Make Real Money Anytime, Anywhere. All My Fears About Not Knowing What To Do Were Gone. By Day Four, I Had The Formula Down; I knew How To Do It Right, And Even Before I Got Home From The Seminar, I Had Started A Major Direct Mail Project Which May End Up Earning Me $20,000 This Month!
Dan Reynolds, Harrison, Arkansas

Come and see us at Bizwrite for loads more tips and tricks about writing compelling copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment